On the Ground – Aviation Security
All Passengers pass through security screening point operated by the Aviation Security Service. There are security restrictions for all international flights from the Rarotonga International Airport. These restrictions are for the amount of liquids, aerosols and gel items (LAGs) that can be carried in the cabin of international flights per passenger.
All liquids, aerosols and gels (LAGs) in your carry-on baggage, on all departing international flights must be in containers of 100ml or less, and carried in a re-sealable 20cm x 20cm transparent plastic bag, that must be presented separately at the security screening point.
If you plan to take LAGs greater than this amount with you, then they will need to be packed into your check-in luggage.
Existing restrictions related to prohibited carry-on items remain in place.
Prohibited carry-on items
Firearms and guns
Pointed edge objects
Explosive and or inflammable substances
Chemical and toxic substances
Duty Free purchases
Prescription Medicines (accompanied with a letter from your medical practitioner)
Medical items such as insulin, epi pen and contact lens solution are also exempt.
Baby Products for those travelling with babies such as baby milk, sterilised water, baby food and wipes.
LAGs list of common items:
- Water and other drinks, soups, syrups, jams, stews, sauces and pastes
- Foods in sauces or containing a high liquid content including honey and marmite
- Creams, lotions, cosmetics and oils including face creams, foundation, sunblock, insect repellent and roll-on deodorants
- Gels including hair and shower gels
- Contents of pressurised containers, including shaving foam, other foam and deodorants
- Pastes including toothpaste
- Mascara and eyeliner
- Liquid soaps lipsticks, lip gloss or lip balm and
- Any item of similar consistency at room temperature
For more information, contact:
Aviation Security Services
Phone: +682 25890 ext 205 or 250
In the Air
The Cook Islands air navigation service provider Airport Authority Cook Islands is responsible for controlling air traffic throughout the country’s airspace.
For more information, contact
Air Traffic Services
Phone: +682 25890